Saturday 19 June 2010

The Top Music Hit Singles For 2010 – Part I

I have set out to find the 10 top music singles for the first half of 2010.

The first half of 2010 is coming to a close and I have come up with a tentative list of the ten best hits for the year 2010. I plan to update this at the end of the year 2010 or beginning of 2011 and by which time, I would have time to include any songs that have been overlooked by me and which were added by you.

I have listed ten random personal selections, which apart from solely being personal, are also determined by their inclusion in various popular publications. Please feel free to comment on this list and vote for the song that you think was the best. Alternately, if your choice isn’t here, I would love to see it in the comments section. As always, your comments and suggestions are welcome and there’s nothing better than discovering tunes that I might have overlooked.

I have selected these hits based on the criteria that only a single song by a band or an artist can be added on to this list. That is to say, no two singles from an album. Besides, only those numbers that have been released in the year 2010 will be considered. Anyway, readers always have the option to add new songs to the comment list.

The High Road - Broken Bells
Excuses - The Morning Benders
Little Lion Man - Mumford & Sons
O.N.E - Yeasayer
I Feel Better - Hot Chip
Zebra - Beach House
Waka Waka – Shakira
Terrible Love - The Nationals
Colouring of Pigeons - The Knife
Airplanes - Local Natives

Now let’s get on with our ten favorite music hits for the first half of 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment